Royal Reserve Mombasa

Jan 13th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Royal Reserve Mombasa

Hi,
We are going to the Royal Reserve, Mombasa in February for my birthday.
I was just wondering if anyone had been before and could tell me any 'must sees'? Any other general advice would also be welcome!
Thanks,
JennyM
Jan 13th, 2005, 12:29 PM

Yuck.

We did a time share trade in summer, 2001 and the Royal Reserve was a complete dump. It is barely a 3-star postage stamp property with almost no beach. Rooms smelled terribly of smoke. There was no place around to buy groceries (or decent snacks, even) except a small store next door with 80% empty shelves. It's not near anything so organized excursions were the best way to get off property.

There were good points of course (no place is 100% terrible). Food was average and staff was friendly. The bar was good. We took a walking tour of the "neighborhood" which was fun and educational. The "animation" staff tried hard but had little to work with.

We were scheduled for 7 nights but after 2 we contacted our tour operator in Nairobi and got out of there on day 4.
Jan 13th, 2005, 07:03 PM

Please Please find another hotel ASAP. It is a total dump beyond your wildest imagination. Try and trade and stay at the Voyeger.

Search this Thread