Royal Air Maroc

Apr 12th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Royal Air Maroc

Has anyone had experience with Royal Air Maroc? My college student son will be studying in Senegal this summer, and they have the cheapest (by a couple of hundred dollars) air fares to Dakar. But I have never heard of them, though I assume they are Marocco's national airline, and even though I have lived and travelled throughout Africa and Europe, my maternal worrywart genes have been triggered by this cheaper airline from a troubled country (or rather a country which has a few of its citizens making trouble in other countries.) Thanks!
Apr 12th, 2004, 10:22 AM

Flew them 2 years ago. Completely professional operation and no problems whatsoever. Flew them from NYC and a couple of intera-Africa flights. So long as it's not employees of RAM making trouble...
Apr 12th, 2004, 11:41 AM

Ditto on that last message. We flew with RAM last fall Casblanca/Madrid and they are A-OK.
Apr 12th, 2004, 05:43 PM

Umm...a really BAD experience with them YEARS ago. If you are interested click my name and locate my Spain Trip Report.
It is in 8 parts and I think the RAM experience is in one of the earlier segments.

Congrats to your son!
Oaktown Traveler

Search this Thread