Rocco-Zambian itinerary help

Mar 23rd, 2005, 12:59 AM
Original Poster

Rocco-Zambian itinerary help

What do you think about the 2 itineraries?Again, our main interest is animal viewing,but we also want to see the Victoria Falls (see only, we won't do all the 'adrenaline activities')
Robin Pope: 4 nights at Nkwali and 3 nights at Islands of Siankaba in Livingstone. You get to enjoy the Falls from the Zambia side
(around 1500 GBP p.p)
TAGA :
23/4 Arrival into Lusaka and connect with charter flight to Mfuwe, South Luangwa. 5 nights here in a combination of 3 nights at Puku Tented camp and 2 at Chichele main. They are quite close but offer a totally different experience - but both are indeed luxurious!
28/4 Charter flight to Livingstone.
On arrival spend the last 3 nights at Sussi & Chuma
1/5 END OF SERVICES with transfer to LVI Airport
USD 4208 p.p
What would you suggest to add if we manage to arrange extra time (3-4 more nights)?
Thanks for your assistance.

Mar 23rd, 2005, 05:46 AM

Hamitzer,

I would consider adding either Makalolo Plains in Hwange (it would be simple to drive across the border to Victoria Falls from Livinsgstone and hop on a 40 minute? light air transfer to Hwange).

OR

I would consider shaving a day off of Sussi Lodge, and spending 5 nights split between a couple Botswana camps (whichever one TAGA is able to get you the best deals at and recommends, as they are experts at Botswana while I have only visited Botswana thrugh cyberspace!). In early May, you should be able to still get preferred pricing to Botswana and it is probably not TOO cold yet, although it will be much cooler than South Luangwa (you could always do it in reverse order if you wanted to warm up at the end...plus, I think some Botswana lodges raise their prices after May 01st, and then again after July 01).

Bottom line...just see what TAGA can put together with you with 4 - 5 extra nights (really, I think 2 nights is sufficient for Livingstone, unless you REALLY want to spend time doing some of their activities like Bungi Jumping, White Water Rafting, Microlighting, etc.)

Keep me informed on the progress of your itinerary and I will try to help further guide you.

Search this Thread