Rocco -- Do you have your "MBA" in Africa yet?

Aug 25th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Rocco -- Do you have your "MBA" in Africa yet?

I was researching one of a zillion things and came across this thread in 2003 --

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...4&tid=34413654

You mention a basic package to SA that you purchased thru SkyAuction and then said:

"My Africa education back then was probably at the pre-school level and I would like to think that I am a cool Senior in High School now, hopefully on my way to getting my MBA or if I am ever able to move to South Africa, even if only for half the year, I will earn my PHD. Such an incredible country!"

Just curious where you rate yourself now!

Aug 25th, 2005, 04:24 PM

ALadyNCal,

Are you kidding...I am barely set to earn my bachelors degree in Zambian studies. Hopefully by next year I may start my Masters program at either the University of Kafue or the University of North Luangwa.

However, before I may even start on my Masters Program in Zambian Studies, I am scheduled to start taking night classes at Tanzania High School so that I may hopefully earn my high school diploma.

Somehow, despite approaching my bachelors degree in Zambian Studies, I never even bothered to get my high school diploma from Tanzania High School, instead dropping out. Luckily the University of Zambia at South Luangwa admissions director somehow missed this fact!

Tanzania High School classes are scheduled to start on February 24th and my subject matters will include the following:

1. P.E. - Kiliminjaro Marathon, includes three night classes at the Moivaro Coffee Lodge in Arusha. If I am able to do the full marathon, I will earn an A+. However, if I end up only completing the half marathon, it will be a C-minus...not the best grade but at least it means I get credit for the class.

2. Pomp & Circumstance - not really sure what the subject matter includes but this is a four day class split between Manyara Tree Lodge and the Ngorongoro Crater Lodge

3. Foreign Language - Swahili - hopefully I will pick up a few dirty words worth of Swahili while doing a full day walk with Masai guide at Olduvai Camp.

4. Math - trying to calculate the tens of thousands of wildebeest that I will come across during the Great Migration in the Serengeti. Special class locations will include the Nomad Masek, Nomad Piaya and Mbuzi Mawe camps.

5. Religion - on location in Stone Town, with its 98% Muslim population, at the Emerson & Green Hotel.

6. Lack of Religion - being a total glutton at the Palms Zanzibar, eating, drinking, snorkeling and just otherwise being a beached whale for a three day session.

With such demanding classes, I am sure that besides earning my high school diploma, that I may even qualify for a few college credits!
Aug 25th, 2005, 05:29 PM

Aug 25th, 2005, 05:36 PM
benidormaardvark

SKØL!

Aug 25th, 2005, 06:39 PM
bwanamitch

I've heard that they offer very interesting lectures at NG28 Academy next year... :-?

Aug 25th, 2005, 06:44 PM
bwanamitch

PS: I forgot to mention that they've renamed the Academy to Mombo Low-Density Tourism Zone some time ago.

Aug 26th, 2005, 05:05 AM
sandi

You get an A+ for your Continuing Education enthusiasm!

Aug 26th, 2005, 05:10 AM

Rocco - You still get an A+ for completing the half marathon; c'mon, dude! I thought you had left already. Are you writing from the plane?
Aug 26th, 2005, 12:00 PM

B-.

Just kidding, A+--very clever.

Rocco, what is the email address of ATR? I am having a leetle trouble with my tour op, and am thinking of possibly bailing and starting from scratch. My computer at work won't let me send emails to a website and I don't see the address anywhere on their site.

(Although I think I'm probably a bit too "tourist class" for ATR!)
Aug 26th, 2005, 12:07 PM
bwanamitch

Leely,

it's on the ATR start page:
[email protected]

Mitch

Aug 26th, 2005, 12:08 PM

Oh, I feel so dumb! Asante, Bwana.
Aug 26th, 2005, 12:14 PM

Rocco,

Your class schedule and educational goals are a riot!

I keep going back to Africa for remedial "coursework" and hope to never graduate!
Aug 26th, 2005, 12:15 PM
bwanamitch

karibu

Aug 26th, 2005, 12:18 PM
bwanamitch

PS: This was meant to Leely.

Obviously I'm too slow today
(better should switch to aardvark mode...)

Aug 26th, 2005, 01:19 PM

Leely - If you contact ATR I'd love to compare itineraries. Let us/me know. I can be reached at [email protected]

Just curious more than anything to compare your three-person costs with my one-person costs!

Happy planning~
Aug 26th, 2005, 01:31 PM

Sharon, no problem. I'm not sure I've given up on "my guy," but he's driving me a little bit nuts currently. The company's legit, but my particular booking agent is...tricky.

Search this Thread