rocco

Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:33 PM
Original Poster

rocco

The thread about the adapters for South Africa makes me ask what we will need for Zambia and I thought you might know. We will need adapters for the camera batteries.

Thanks
Apr 22nd, 2005, 05:12 PM

mpkp,

You are going to want Type C from the following link:

http://www.powerstarinc.com/worldelectric.pdf

Just to be sure, however, I have contacted Barry @ Luangwa River Lodge.

For those considering South Luangwa, Luangwa River Lodge offers the following to its guests:

As far as digital imaging is concerned, Luangwa River Lodge is able to download and write to CD-rom from the following media formats, should you run out of memory.

Sony Memory Stick
Smart Card Media
Sony I Link 4000
Compact Flash

---I think this is an excellent service, and one that will save its guests money later on. Additionally, and most importantly, it will obviously help free up memory space.

Luangwa River Lodge is the only South Luangwa lodge that I have chosen to visit this year and I do have high hopes!

But, that is not to say that Kaingo/Mwamba and Puku Ridge will not be a great experience.
Apr 22nd, 2005, 05:16 PM

mpkp,

Actually, I just noticed that Type D is also listed for Zambia. So, to be safe, you should get both. I honestly do not remember, although I do think it is Type D.
Apr 23rd, 2005, 10:09 PM

There are compact worlwide adapter kits available in airports and travel shops, I think that carrying one of those plus a short (cheap!)US extension cord is the way to go for travel anywhere. The extension cord comes in handy when you are trying to plug in one of those transformer/plug combinations, and you can always cut off the plug if you run into an outlet that won't fit anything you have (it's scary, but you see people sticking the two bare wire ends into all kinds of outlets )

Search this Thread