Rocco

Mar 22nd, 2003, 07:18 AM
LizFrazier

Rocco

Did you look at Simbambili in Sabi Sand?
I came upon this while looking for some charter flights in Africa.

http://travel.iafrica.com/accommodation/944199.htm

It looked good to me, and if I did the math right, real cheap for Sabi. Liz

Mar 22nd, 2003, 07:26 AM

Liz,

Yes, I did come across Simbambili. It looks like a nice place for a reasonable price.

I do want to spread my wings a little more this year and travel far off the beaten path.

My first choice was Zimbabwe--Mana Pools, Hwange and Matusadona--but my wife refuses to go to Zimbabwe after a little scare we had in Victoria Falls a few days after the elections (just a minor incident involving a few HUNDRED Mugabe supporters marching down the street, armed with sticks, spears and other weapons, looking for a fight with anybody that dare protest the election results). We were in our taxi with the windows rolled completely down, I with my brand new top of the line Sony digital camera and my wife with her big fat purse full of most of our money and travel documents. Bless these people for not reaching in and taking our things, as they could have done without any interference whatsoever.

So now, I am headed for the South Luangwa Valley in Zambia. It is supposed to be very good game viewing and a lot less commercialized than Sabi Sand and even Botswana.

If I did go back to the Sabi Sand this year, I would probably spend three nights at Vuyatela and three nights at either Simbambili, Inyati, Idube or Chitwa Chitwa. The others I mention are also good values.

Thanks for the feedback.

Search this Thread