roads

Jul 31st, 2005, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

roads

hi, does anyone know if it's reasonable to think that I can get from olorgesailie to tsavo west, lake jipe in a day in a small 4wd?
cathy
Jul 31st, 2005, 03:05 PM

I think it can be done but would be a very long drive, about 9-10 hours (that's just a guess). Are you driving yourself or is your tour operator providing a vehicle and driver? If the latter, I would ask them if they're willing to do it and they can probably provide you with a more accurate time estimate.
Jul 31st, 2005, 04:01 PM

hi i found this map. if there is a road crossing over to the mombasa highway. it should be pretty easy. but this map doesn't show a road crossing to the highway. it shows you may have to back track to nairobi. then about another 5hrs to tsavo west. good luck.
david
ps, oh yeah, try this link lol.
http://www.masai-mara.com/mmvmk.htm
Jul 31st, 2005, 04:32 PM

It took us about 5 hours to reach Mtito Andei gate at the north end of Tsavo West from Nairobi. I would think you'd drive to Voi, then through Taita Hills, and enter at Maktau gate in the southeastern part of the park to reach Lake Jipe, but I'm not sure. Either way I think it will take a few additional hours of driving to reach Lake Jipe once you enter the park.

And like David said, if there was a road that connected to the Nairobi-Mombasa highway, it would make the drive easier, but I don't see it on any of my maps either.

Search this Thread