Road Adventure in Morocco

Feb 1st, 2001, 06:42 PM
j crosby

Road Adventure in Morocco

We are taking our family first to Spain and then on a brief 4-5 day road trip to Morocco.
Where is the best place to jump in & what are the exciting highlights for such a short trip. (We have 3 teenagers; 13,15 & 17)
Should we fly to Marakesh & drive back or get a chauffeured van? Help !

Feb 2nd, 2001, 11:01 AM
jhm

Highlights: Ouazazarte, oasis town in the Sahara, etc. Definitely going through the Sahara is paramount...

Feb 2nd, 2001, 03:36 PM
texasgirl

From where in spain are you leaving and how do you intend to get to Morocco _ by the ferry? That puts you in Tangier, which by all accounts is not a highlight of the country. You can take a train from there to Marrakech but i think it takes six-eight hours. Flying is much more time-efficient.

If I had just five days, I would spend two days in Marrakech and the remainder in either the High Atlas (which we didn't get to see) or the Sahara. (Erfoud//Merzouga.) The dunes in Merzouga are fabulous and can be combined with a trip to draa valley or toudre and dades gorges. Beautiful country and friendly warm people. Personally I didn't like Ourzazate much _ seemed kind of like a movie set more than a town. Maybe we just didn't see enough of it.

Search this Thread