River Club vs. Royal Livingston?

Aug 26th, 2004, 02:21 AM
Original Poster

River Club vs. Royal Livingston?

First, I'd like to thank all the folks who has contributed to all the wonderful information here! We're planning a trip to Botswana and SA next May/June and this board has been invaluable.

So, in what I'm sure will be the first of many questions, what do folks think of River Club vs. Royal Livingston? We will be at Victoria Falls after the end of our Botswana safari, so would like a nice, romantic hotel (the bath at the River Club does look really spectacular). Activities not important.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,
Judy
Aug 26th, 2004, 03:38 AM

We stayed at the Royal Livingstone last Sep. and found it to be a beautiful place right on the river and very close to the falls.The rooms are air conditioned, which I wanted as I didn't want to sleep with the bugs. We didn't see the River Club,but hear it is very nice as well. The reason I didn't stay there is because I heard the rooms are more open. Which brings me back to the bug thing.If that doesn't bother you, the River Club might be a bit more romantic. Either way,Victoria Falls is beautiful!
Aug 29th, 2004, 10:22 PM

I have only stayed at the Royal Livingstone (last year) so I can't compare them. But it is a beautiful 5 star hotel. Some of the romance - lying in the hammocks on the grass near the Zambezi River, watching the monkeys playing nearby or in the trees above. Having a gourmet dinner on the patio watching more stars than you've ever seen before. Having a sundowner on the deck right on the river. We were there in May and I don't remember a bug. I do highly recommend some activities though - esp. the 4x4 river cruise (a smallish motor boat that seats 8-12) - you will see so much wildlife.

Search this Thread