Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Revised Spain/Morocco itinerary comments? Plus Gibralta day trip & Granada/Fes travel

Search

Revised Spain/Morocco itinerary comments? Plus Gibralta day trip & Granada/Fes travel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2018, 11:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In response to many comments about trying to do too much, I've revised our approximately 2 week long trip to what you see below. Any thoughts/comments/tips welcome - I am particularly interested in the best way to get from Granada to Fes, and how (if possible) to best fit a day trip to Gibraltar in. I may be able to add a day or two in somewhere depending on the flights I get from Canada to to Seville and return.

I should also mention that we are not spending time in Seville as we have already done so and want to focus on new places. No disrespect meant to Seville - it's pretty incredible!

Current plans are below :
  • Fly into Seville from Canada then bus directly to Cordoba (stay 3 nights)
  • Day 1 & 2 = Cordoba
  • Day 3 = bus to Granada (stay 3 nights)
  • Day 4 & 5 = Granada
  • Day 6 = ??? to Fes (stay 3 nights)
  • Day 9 = Grand taxi to Marrakesh, stay 3 nights
  • Day 12 = Fly to Seville as transfer point and continue on home
TIA - R.
Old Sep 5th, 2018, 03:08 AM

My computer seems to be acting up; I apologize in advance if this appears twice.

Doing a general search turns up the excellent site, Rome2Rio; just know that you will be spending a day in transit no matter how you go:

https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Granada/Fes
Old Sep 10th, 2018, 04:18 PM

In terms of time allocated to each city, I think you’re just about spot on. Perhaps one night heavy for Córdoba but others will disagree.
Old Sep 27th, 2018, 02:18 PM

Gibraltar it's not worthy at all: tiny, cramped and with no interest. Actually you get much much better views of the Rock from the Spanish side. If you want to visit a nearby small charming town head to Tarifa (Google it and you will be convinced).
Old Oct 7th, 2018, 10:42 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your tips, folks. I finally figured out how to get from Gibraltar to Tangier, where we're going to overnight before taking the train to Fez so it will be Granada, then Gibralta overnight, then Tangier overnight, then Fez for 3 mights. I know, lots of folks have said Gibraltar isnt worth a visit, but with so much history there I have to at least stop in for a day!

- R.
Old Oct 17th, 2018, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by carmenkw
Gibraltar it's not worthy at all: tiny, cramped and with no interest. Actually you get much much better views of the Rock from the Spanish side. If you want to visit a nearby small charming town head to Tarifa (Google it and you will be convinced).
Here is an example of "different strokes for different folks." We have been to Gibraltar twice for a day each time and found it an interesting place to be both times. There is a lot to see there if you do your research first - it is not just going up to the top of the rock for the view. If you do, it is a fine walk down where there is a wonderful cave to tour on the way.
Old Oct 18th, 2018, 11:39 PM
twk

Originally Posted by basingstoke2
Here is an example of "different strokes for different folks." We have been to Gibraltar twice for a day each time and found it an interesting place to be both times. There is a lot to see there if you do your research first - it is not just going up to the top of the rock for the view. If you do, it is a fine walk down where there is a wonderful cave to tour on the way.
We did Gibraltar as a day trip a few days ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. If the OP wants to see Gibraltar, don't listen to folks who rubbish the place. There's a considerable degree of anti Gibraltar propaganda churned out whatever reason.
Old Oct 19th, 2018, 12:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I, too, enjoyed Gibraltar, although one day was enough. Of course, for me, it was a little bit of Britain during a long trip, but I would think it would be interesting for anybody.