Revised SA itinerary

Nov 1st, 2005, 09:50 AM
Original Poster

Revised SA itinerary

Hi all, having posted my last SA itinerary I have changed it following Fodorites advise. I am travelling with my husband and 10 year old daughter from 29th Dec to 14th January, so I have little choice for the first few days as most places seem already booked. We are looking for a mix of self driving with a bit more luxury and a mix of some sea along with of course safari and game viewing. I'm very keen on seeing Cheetah, do you think this will work for us?, :
1 Night - The Westcliff Hotel
Drive to :
2 Nights - Isibindi Zulu Lodge
3 Nights - Zululand Tree Lodge
3 Nights - Thonga Beach Lodge
3 Nights - Phinda Mountain Lodge
leave off car here and fly to :
4 Nights - Londolozi Bateleur Camp
Nov 2nd, 2005, 07:18 AM

Of all the plaves you'll be staying at Phinda is probably the most likely to offer the chance of seeing cheetah.

ZTL is in the ubizane game reserve, which is adjacent to Hlulhluwe-Mfolozi and as far as I know doesn't boast a healthy population of predators, consequently you might need to roam the Hluhluwe park for cheetah sightings.

Isibindi is great: Well done for electing this little known jewel of KwaZulu. I would suggest that you look into Mkuze Falls for two night, if you can amend your itinerary. I was there earlier this year and had three wonderful sightings of cheetah. Since the reserve is private and fenced I do not believe that the Cheetah will have moved out, so I can say with certainty that you WILL see cheetah here.

Remember though that in wild places nothing can be gauranteed.

Search this Thread