Resorts @ Red Sea

May 28th, 2001, 06:31 AM
Willie

Resorts @ Red Sea

hi,

We are going to Egypt in December (Cairo, Luxor & Aswn etc) but we are also very interested in diving in the Red Sea area. Would like to know which resort/town/city is the better one? Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, or others? We can only afford to take 2 weeks of leave, so have to choose just one of them. Any help is much appreciated.

regards,
willie

May 29th, 2001, 10:27 PM
Debbie

I vote for Sharm. It has it all. I prefer to stay in a hotel near Naama Bay, but that is because I like to be near where all the action is. If you are looking to be alone with one special person, you might prefer the Sheraton, the Conrad, the 4 Seasons or any of the hotels that have you away from the town inside their own compound, but in general I think Sharm has it ALL. Plus, you are close to things like Mt. Sinai if you choose to do an night climb of that for the sunrise in the morning, or go to Dahab for a day.... it's a great place.

May 31st, 2001, 08:19 AM
Ned

My vote would be for Sharm. First I think the diving is better in Sharm. You get more wall diving there which tends to have better soft coral growth and more fish. Second is that the mountains behind the hotels are beautiful. In Hurghada you have a boring landscape in comparison. If you are really bent on Hurghada then consider El Gouna, about 20km north. This is a village of 5 star hotels and it's much prettier.

Got to sharm!

Jun 3rd, 2001, 04:25 AM
Myriam

To Debbie and Ned,
We are planning to go to Naama Bay/Sharm in Oct/Nov. Do you happen to know one of these hotels: Mövenpick Jolie Ville (NOT Mövenpick Golf), Iberotel Palaca, Iberotel Fanara. If so, what are your comments?
Are daystrips to the Red Coloured Canyon and St. Cahterine Monastery possible from Sharm?
========================================

To Willie,
We have been to El Gouna last year. It's perfect for relaxation at the pool of your 5* hotel or at the beach but it has nothing to do with the real Egypt. Glad we did not stay in Hurghada, which we found to be dirty but had pretty Egyptian atmosphere though. Will be going to Sharm in Oct/Nov, so cannot tell you anyting about it right now.

Search this Thread