Researching Tour to Turkey

Dec 11th, 2000, 07:44 AM
Janet

Researching Tour to Turkey

Hello. My husband and me are considering taking a trip to Turkey sometime next year. Any suggestions on a tours. We prefer smaller groups and a visit to some off beat places as well as popular places. Thanks so much.

Dec 12th, 2000, 05:02 AM
Al

A couple suggestions. Put your message on the "Europe" section of Fodor's because more people look there. After all, Turkey is partially in Europe. Second, we have been twice to Turkey; once with Globus and once with Grand Circle, once to the west and once to the east. Both were excellent and have web sites. Write us directly with specific questions, if you choose.

Dec 12th, 2000, 05:16 PM
Nancy

I went to Turkey in 1998 with Pacha Tours. They only do Turkey and it was great. 2 friends went in September and loved it also. There were only 4 of us on my tour (In the Steps of St. Paul which I think is not as popular as the others but went everywhere) and my friends had 26 on their's with a big bus. They raved about and thought I was a genius to recommend it. Any more info, write me.

Dec 12th, 2000, 05:18 PM
Nancy

Forgot something - actually you should post in Asia - most of Turkey is in Asia but you'd also get replies in Europe. I just came back from Kenya so was checking this section out and saw your post.

Dec 25th, 2000, 08:33 AM
Gary Haines

I've been to Turkey two times, in 1997
and 1999. The first time was in April
which was a little cold in places. The
last time was in June, it was pretty
warm then. Both times I used Cosmos
tours. I had a great time and met a lot
of interesting people. We took a bus
trip that was about 2,000 miles long.
It started in Istanbul and ended there.
The guide books don't do Turkey justice
if you are into history. It is over
whelming what is in Turkey. Troy and
Ephesus are really interesting. I
spent a extra week in Istanbul when my
tour ended. It is one interesting city.
The Turkish people were real friendly.
The food is realy good and quiet cheap.
I can't wait to go back again.

Dec 29th, 2000, 01:26 PM
David

Hi
I was just in Turkey this fall. Had a great time and good itineray. If you want to see the detail (over 10pages of my travel including pics and highlights), check out my web page

http://[email protected]/

or http://fortunecity/member/namabeer/

Dec 30th, 2000, 08:29 AM
Paule

David,
I was interested in viewing your web pages, but I have been unable to find them with the URLs you posted. Is it possible that the addresses are not correct?

Jan 3rd, 2001, 03:21 PM
Lia

We took a 2-week trip throughout western and central Turkey in October 1999 with Isram and I can highly recommend them. Our group was fairly small but we did mostly go to popular places (Istanbul, Izmir, Ankara, Cappadocia, Pamukkale, Antalya, Konya, Kusadasi). I noticed a Pacha tour bus everywhere we stopped - seemed like we both went to the same places. We had a wonderful time though - the sightseeing, food, shopping and people are all great!

Jan 12th, 2001, 12:08 PM
Phyllis

I went with Wilderness Travel on a Turquoise Coast cruise which included a few days in Istanbul. I thought they did a wonderful job. It's an active trip, but all hikes are optional and some are easier than others; the guide was good about helping us decide which ones were right for us. We saw many ruins, and spent one day visiting a local village where our driver for the day lived. His family fixed lunch for us. One of the things I especially enjoyed was the wonderful swimming and snorkeling in the Mediterrean.

Feb 2nd, 2002, 01:39 AM
murat

www.adventuretours.com.tr

Feb 11th, 2002, 09:52 AM
belle

Just went to Turkey in October with Pacha Tours--Great time. Tour guide was wonderful and the itinerary was fabulous. They have THE BEST DEAL on going to Turkey hands down--I highly recommend them!

Apr 16th, 2002, 07:53 AM
Trish

I was in Turkey last year at the beginning of May and I took the Turkish Personal Tours,it was really great,I advice everyone to go to Turkey and to see the real country not what is being told on TV or on the papers.You can get more info about the people and their services from this web site. www.geocities.com/turkishpersonaltours

Apr 16th, 2002, 11:34 AM
dave

Go to a local museum or university and see if they have anything. We went on a tour with a classics professor which was great. Reasonable amount of time at each spot. Small group. We have been to about 35 countries, and that was the first on that we did on a tour. Turkey was one of the best trips we ever took. Still raving about it.

Apr 27th, 2002, 08:58 AM
athena

Here are some other possibilities:
http://www.generaltours.com
http://www.keytours.com/
http://www.isram.com/isram/

Search this Thread