Renting an apartment in Jerusalem

May 27th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Original Poster

Renting an apartment in Jerusalem

Does anyone have any advice for renting an appartment for 4 adults in Jerusalem?
I have only stayed in hotels in the past, but would like to try something different. This will be the first visit for my sister and her husband so I want to make sure they really have a positive experience. I would prefer to stay in the City Center, where we could walk most places, but I like the neighborhoods of Bacca, and the German Colony, but we will need a car. Also, besides the usual manditory tourist attractions, what are some other must see paces? We are going in Mid October.
May 31st, 2013, 09:35 AM

Search VRBO.com, There are many listings for apartments in Jerusalem.
We stayed in Emek Refaim in the German Colony. The area was ideal = many restaurants and every other service/store you could want/need. It's about a 10-12 minute walk to the King David.
I am curious as to why you will need a car. You certainly do not need, or even want, one in Jerusalem. Cabs are always available and not particularly expensive, especially when sharing with another couple.
Jun 1st, 2013, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

Wow How nice that I received a reply! Thanks for the info. I have been searching the various listings, and have not found anything particularly attractive. I am obsessed with making this a positive ecperience for my relatives, so I want to make it as close to perfect as possible. We will not be using the car while in Jerusalem, but we will be showing them the sights the rest of the time, and we need a car to get to the Dead Sea, and Masada, and Tel Aviv.
Jun 4th, 2013, 05:01 AM

I don't have a particular website to recommend, but try searching for zimmers (sometimes spelled in slightly different ways), the Israeli version of a bed and breakfast, instead of apartments to rent. They range in price and in elegance, but you may be able to find something that matches exactly what you need....

Without seeing your itinerary, it's kind of hard to say, but it seems intuitively true that renting the car without planning to use it for a short time is letting hard-earned money slip out of your pocket.....

Search this Thread