Renovation work at the Mena House

Dec 28th, 2005, 02:30 AM
Original Poster

Renovation work at the Mena House

A friend of mine would like to stay at this hotel in the Palace wing. He has heard that renovation work was being done in the Garden wing and is a bit afraid of possible noises originating from the renovation.

Any report from recent travellers?
Dec 28th, 2005, 04:16 AM

We stayed at the Mena House in early December, two nights in the Palace wing and, after our Nile Cruise, six nights in the Garden Wing. The hotel is situated on 40 acres. Two of the four Garden Wing buildings are being renovated. We heard nothing while in the Palace Wing. Our Garden Wing Room was at the very end of the building, overlooking the pool and the Oasis restaurant. The restaurant was being enclosed while we were there and we watched the workmen erect and weld steel. Sitting on the balcony we could hear them talk. Inside the room we could hear nothing. We never heard any noise from the building renovation.

So - I would suggest your friend has nothing to fear, especially if he stays in the Palace wing.

I highly recommend the food at the Mena House. The Indian Restaurant, the Moghul Room, regularly gets praise on this forum. But we thought the food in Al Rubiyat was even better - and it came with an entertaining floor show!
Dec 28th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Original Poster

Many thanks for your feedback. I'll send him the information.

Search this Thread