Reminder about Uganda 6/2005

Dec 31st, 2004, 03:33 AM
Original Poster

Reminder about Uganda 6/2005

Hello, and HAPPY NEW YEAR! Felt like posting again about this Safari. Anyone interested or would know someone who would like to tag along on this? One or Three more people would be great! Three people total would not work right. The price for Three is the same for Two people.
You can mail me at:
[email protected]
Thanks, David
9 day safari proposed

DAY 1: KAMPALA – BWINDI 6th June
After early morning pick-up from place of Rest, then depart to Bwindi, which is around an 8-hour journey. With a stop at the craft village at the equator for pictures and shopping, we continue to Mbarara for lunch and later proceed through the beautiful evergreen mountain country referred to as the "Little Switzerland of Uganda". Arrive Bwindi late evening for dinner and overnight at Buhoma Community Bandas, for budget travelers.

DAY 2: BWINDI - GORILLA TREKKING - FULL DAY 7th June
After early breakfast, with your packed lunch go for a briefing at 08:00 hours before beginning the trek. Gorilla tracking is unpredictable, so it is difficult to foresee how many hours you will hike. It may take 2-8 hours, and you should be prepared to walk a long distance in steep and muddy conditions, sometimes with rain overhead, before you encounter any gorillas.
For conservation purposes, time spent with the gorillas is limited to one hour. The ranger guide always briefs you on how to behave with these gentle giants. Later return for dinner and overnight at Buhoma Community Bandas.

DAY 3: GORILLA TREKKING - FULL DAY 8th June
After early breakfast, the second gorilla Trekking Takes place, considering another group of Gorillas this day for a different excursion experience.

The Other Counter part joining the Trip may opt not to Trek the gorillas the second time BUT go for Cultural Walks and tour the villages as well. Also there’s a Nature Walk called Munyanga River Board Walk that introduces clients to young water falls and Birds. So as an option the other person can do this..
Later return for dinner and overnight at Buhoma Community Bandas.

DAY 4: BWINDI - QUEEN ELIZABETH 9th June
After breakfast, you will transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park. The park is rich in wildlife and a birder's paradise!
Arrive through the famous Ishasha Sector, in anticipation of rewarding your cameras by seeing the tree-climbing lions. Check in this evening at Institute of Ecology Hostels.

DAY 5: QUEEN ELIZABETH NATIONAL PARK 10th June
At 6:30am, depart for a game drive on the northerly parts of the park along the Kasenyi track. This is the best time for opportunities of viewing the cats in action. Later return for breakfast. Take an afternoon boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel, which is a link between the two lakes George and Edward. Look for solitary Buffalo, Hippos and other animals at the edge of the channel as they cool off. Dinner and overnight at Institute of Ecology Hostels.

DAY 6: QUEEN- KIBALE NATIONAL PARK 11th June
After breakfast, You HAVE 2 OPTIONS:
At An Extra of $30.usd per person; you may choose the option of exploring Kyambura Wildlife Reserve. Driving through grassland area, all of a sudden we come across an amazing gorge of tropical rainforest 100 meters deep. Hike into Kyambura River Gorge for an unforgettable experience trekking chimpanzees. It's a rewarding experience not only to see the chimpanzees, but also to see the beautiful river valley that houses numerous bird and butterfly species.

An no Extra Fee, Others can opt to go for the Maramagambo Forest Walk.
It is a great experience walking through one of the biggest Forests in Uganda. Bird lovers can have a great time here being exposed to many forest species, visit the Bat Caves which sometimes attract the Rock Pythons that feed on the bats, you may see them or not. There are other forest dwellers which you may see as you walk through the thick vegetation and elephant dug holes.

After any of the 2, have lunch and you will then transfer to Kibale National Park, a home of Primates! Dinner and overnight at Rwenzori View Guest House.

DAY 7: KIBALE CHIMP TREKKING/ PRIMATE WALK. 12th June
Breakfast early, and then start your early morning primate walk. This park boasts the highest number of primate species in Africa, and among the many you will see Chimpanzees, Black and White Colobus monkey, and Grey cheeked Mangabay's. Return for lunch at your accommodation and then have an afternoon jaunt to the Bigodi Swamp. This place is good for birders and butterfly lovers. Return in the evening for dinner, overnight and relaxation at Kanyankyu Tourist Bandas.

DAY 8: KIBALE CHIMP TREKKING/ PRIMATE WALK. 13th June
Breakfast early, and then another primate walk till lunch and afternoon drive back to Fortportal town, on your way many stops will be made, relax till evening for dinner and overnight at Rwenzori View Guest house.

As an option, you may have another afternoon walk to the Bigodi Swamp. This place is good for birders and butterfly lovers. Return in the evening for dinner, overnight and relaxation at Rwenzori View Guest House.

DAY 9: KIBALE – KAMPALA 14th June
Explore the region, which has many crater lakes, and later proceed to Kampala with lunch enroute. Arrive at Kampala, and you will be dropped at your Residence hotel.

END OF SERVICES WITH GREAT LAKES SAFARIS.

Cost of Safari – CONSIDERING BUDGET SAFARI FOR 2 PEOPLE
Cost Per Person - $ 1,360 USD PER PERSON
The prices Include:
All ground transportation, Game drives, Park entrance fees, 2 Chimp trekking permits in Kibale, Boat launches, Ranger fees, All meals and Accommodation in Budget places mentioned.

The prices Exclude:
Gorilla Permits fee (which is $360 per person), Primate Walk in Kyambura at $30.usd per person, items of personal effects, bar bills, tips, personal insurance, air charters and laundry, Airport transfers – unless paid for.
EXPECTED TOTAL EXPENSES FOR YOU.
1. Safari Fees (9 days/8 nights) = $1,360.usd. per person
2. 2 Gorilla Permits (your Option) = $720.usd per person
3. Kyambura Gorge fee (optional) = $30.usd per person
4. Accommodation on Arrival Night and Departure Night = $60.usd per person (2 nights)

GRAND TOTAL EXPENSES FROM ABOVE: $2.170.USD. PER PERSON.

Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:23 PM

Hi, I am also planning my trip in June. Both Zambia and Uganda are areas of interest but thought June could be wet in E.Africa, therefore, I tend to go for Zambia.

As I am also a solo traveller, it would be good to join up. Whom did you contact in Great Lakes Safaris? Let me check out more details from him. Thanks.

Jan 4th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

hello,llee_2003 here is a link to my travel pages. if you need to get an idea of who i am ect.
my contact at great lakes is: Jaynefer
e-mail: [email protected]
if you e-mail her. let her know you got it from david from rhode island, usa
I was at first concerned about the weather. i have always traveled there in sept or oct. this is the first time in june. not concerned about it though. they have done many safaris in june.
i'll be heading to kenya from there june 15th i think.
these dates are pretty much carved in stone also.
also my other e-mail:
[email protected]

http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/1e53c/

thanks, david

Search this Thread