Red Sea in February?

May 5th, 2001, 06:17 AM
Pam

Red Sea in February?

My husband and I are planning a two-week trip to Egypt in late February 2002. WE will be ending the trip at Sharm El Sheikh on Feb 28th - March 2nd. Will the water temperature on the Red Sea be warm enough for snorkeling at this time of year? We will be coming from Aswan and Luxor, so I know that we will be acclimatized to much warmer weather than we will experience in Sharm.

Also, generally speaking is February a nice time of year to travel through Egypt. (Cairo, Aswan, Luxor, and Sharm)

Thanks for your help,

Pam

May 7th, 2001, 03:45 AM
Pam

Pam-
February is a great time of year to travel to Egypt. The days are getting a bit longer, and the temperatures are quite moderate to downright chilly. It will be cooler in Cairo, and warmer the farther south you travel. The worst you should experience might be some windiness.

The waters off of Sharm will feel a bit chilly, but you can rent skins from any of the hundreds of dive shops. If my memory serves me, I think the temps that time of year range from 70-75*F. Many in the expat community use the Colona Dive Club: nice people and great rates. (email: [email protected] )

Have a great time! Pam P.

May 7th, 2001, 11:24 AM
Pam

Pam,

Thank you for your response, 70-75 degree water temperature doesn't sound too bad. I am accustomed to much colder water on Nantucket in July!

Search this Thread