recommended schedule???

May 31st, 2005, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

recommended schedule???

just booked a trip to southern africa for aug 23rd-sept 5th with my boyfriend (ages 27 and 35). with this amount of time what do I need to do and see? we are very active and are willing to move around but don't want to move around too much that we're not enjoying ourselves. please help
May 31st, 2005, 11:28 AM

What do you like doing, what are your interests and what is your budget?
May 31st, 2005, 11:43 AM

I take it you mean that you have booked the airfare? Where are you flying into? I would recommend at least 2-3 days in Cape Town. Consider doing a day trip to do a cage dive with great white sharks and a day trip out to the Cape Peninsula. For safari activities in South Africa it would be either Kruger National Park or the private game reserves bordering it. We are staying at Elephant Plains Game Lodge in Sabi Sands - the reserve that is supposed to have some of the best game viewing. I would also recommend trying to drive through (or be driven through) the Panorama Region near Kruger - Blyde's River Canyon, etc. It sounds fabulous. Victoria Falls is on the list of 1000 Things to See Before You Die, so you might want to try to get there. If you need help planning out the itinerary and booking lodges, etc., we worked with Rikke Williams at go2africa.com and she was fabulous. We kept changing our minds and adding things and she never batted an eye. Hope all of this helps a bit.
Jun 10th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Original Poster

yes the trip has been booked and confirmed flying into johannessburg. thank you very much for your response. this is a great start. have a great vacation.

Search this Thread