Search

The serengeti's deseption?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2018, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The serengeti's deseption?

Witnessing millions of migrating wildebeest on the flat-topped Acacia plains of the Serengeti had been on my bucket list for as long as I could remember, until a recent trip to this iconic destination changed that. My criteria in order to tick this one off my list had to be that I saw enough drama, rolling plains and of course…wildebeest. With over 1.5 million wildebeest and zebra trekking over 3 000 kilometers on their epic journey from the Serengeti to the Masai Mara, I was pretty confident that I was going to see enough to check the box. It goes without saying that most people that travel to east Africa want to see the migration at least once. But the destination is not what the news sai. Any body have a diferent opinion about that destination?
Old Nov 26th, 2018, 05:28 AM

Your desire to "tick this one off your list" seeems a bit off putting to me. Are you going for the ticking or for the experience? It is difficult to understand what your point is here...what was it that was disappointing to you? Where did you stay? What did you see?
Old Nov 26th, 2018, 03:32 PM

More info is needed in order to comment. What did you expect..what did you experience?
Old Nov 26th, 2018, 03:55 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I spent 5 nights in the Serengeti this past August and had a fabulous experience. Saw thousands of wildebeest and zebra migrating, and saw wildebeest cross the Mara River. We also saw dozens of lions, some leopards, two rhinoceros, more elephants and giraffes than I can count, hundreds of gazelle and impala, crocodiles, and countless other animals. We must have been in a different Serengeti because we were not at all disappointed.
Old Nov 26th, 2018, 07:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
You just cannot book a vacation around wildlife and rely on it to perform on your schedule. You can go to the Serengeti when herds are traditionally there and see nothing. This year the movement was very different than previous years due to drought and the burning in Tanzania that kept the herds from moving. These animals are not performers and not in zoos, they're not there to perform on cue. People go and sit for days waiting to see a dramatic river crossing and don't, while others do. This is the risk (and the reward) of traveling to witness wildlife in the wild...you never know what you'll get.