Recommendation for Ladie's Vest

Jan 31st, 2006, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

Recommendation for Ladie's Vest

I would like to have a photo vest for my upcoming safari in March. I am having a hard time finding one that doesn't absolutely swallow me. Any recommendations? I have already tried Royal Robbins Field Vest as well as Travel Smith's Women's Vest. Thankyou!
Jan 31st, 2006, 07:36 AM

This one is one of the more feminine safari vests I've seen...good prices, too.
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/...qx/product.htm
Jan 31st, 2006, 04:51 PM

I just purchased Tilley's 'Outback' vest - it is really lightweight, has lots of pockets, is a men's vest, but fits me great. I swam in all of their other vests. It is shorter than all of their other vests, roomier on the hips, but not overly roomy on the shoulders. I liked the weight of it the best, and the clerk told me this was the one that most of the women buy due to the easy 'unisex' fit.
Here it is on the Canadian version of the webiste, but if you are in the USA, go to Tilley.com and click on the US flag first and then look in the men's section.
I wasn't sure about wearing a vest at all until I found that one! Only drawback is the price.....
http://www.tilley.com/detail.asp?gen...productNo=MA55
Jan 31st, 2006, 10:49 PM

The Sierra Trading Post vest looks great, and a great buy...but limited sizes. But not really a photo vest, as the pockets are not those big outside pockets.

Columbia makes some nice vests for women that have more stuffable pockets.

And I do really like the Tilley "Caramia" vest; it is styled for women, has good pockets on the inside, but looks sleeker on the outside. Don't think you could stuff a lense in the pockets though.

Search this Thread