Recomandation for 15 nights in South Africa

Jan 18th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Original Poster

Recomandation for 15 nights in South Africa

Hello all,

We are planning a trip in South Africa this summer (August).

We love : wildlife, walking and cultural city.

Does anyone has an itineray to propose ?

Thanks,
Olivier
Jan 18th, 2004, 01:26 PM

I think your best bet for August, which is South Africa's winter, is game viewing either in the Kruger National Park or in one of the nearby private game reserves, followed by more game viewing in the game reserves of KwaZuluNatal. These areas would have very pleasant, warm days and cool nights during South Africa's winter.

I'm not up to date with the pathways, but I do know there are excellent walking / hiking trails in KwaZulu natal.

To get to the Kruger Park area you could fly into Johannesburg and then fly or drive to the Kruger area.

To get from Kruger to KwaZulu-Natal, you could drive through the pleasant country of Swaziland.

Cape Town is South Africa's best city, IMO. Unfortunately it tends to be rainy, windy and cold in August. It has a mediterranean climate, which means dry summers and wet winters. I do not recommend you visit Cape Town in August.

If you want to taste some of South Africa's city life, I think your best bet is Durban. The coastal community of Umhlanga Rocks, at the northern edge of Durban, is a nice place to stay.

Jan 18th, 2004, 03:34 PM

Budget for safari portion?

Search this Thread