Ramadan

May 8th, 2001, 04:01 PM
Shelly

Ramadan

I am considering a trip to Morocco in November of 2001. I have learned that the dates of my trip correspond with Ramadan. Is that going to be a problem? Should I go another time?

May 8th, 2001, 04:33 PM
becca

Not really the same, but I was in Egypt during Ramadan a couple of years ago and had very few problems. A lot of restaraunts and most road-side stands were closed but you could still find food, most easily at the large luxury hotels, foriegn fast-food chains, and supermarkets. After the sun sets of course it's much easier to find food, all the restaraunts open and you can feast on more local cuisine. Morocco, though not as tourist-oriented as Egypt, is still very much a tourist center (especially the larger cities) so you should be fine.

If possible I'd try to schedule the trip so you can be there for the end of Ramadan. That's a spectacular thing to witness!

May 9th, 2001, 10:05 AM
skot

we were in Istanbul 2 years ago during ramadan and plan a trip to Morroco this fall.After our experince in Turkey during the holiday we are going before Nov 14 to Morocco.The markets were closed etc.hope this helps
skot

Search this Thread