Search

rabat any feedback

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2006, 01:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rabat any feedback

just read a great article on rabat morocco and it sounds like the barcelona of morocco .has any one got any info on getting there and what to expect from the city?
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 06:08 AM

Rabat is just a short drive from Casablanca. Not a whole lot to dothere but it is the capital and there are sveral points of interest... the unfinished mosque, tombs of the king, etc.
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 03:05 AM

Many people seem to think that Rabat is much less interesting than other cities in Morocco, but as someone who lives in a rather conservative city here I find Rabat refreshingly laid-back, charming, with minimal hassle factor for my wife if she walks around unaccompanied by me, with good restaurants, a beautiful kasbah and great shopping opportunities. It is also a convenient point to make day trips. A walk around Les Oudayas and a visit to Sale across the river are a must. Rabat is well connected by air, bus and train.
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

thanks sebti
you have summed up what the article stated that it was underatted but very safe whilst still giving a good feel for morocco.i like a bit more of a laid back vibe and my wife also wants the minimal hassle factor so thanks for the feedback
Old Oct 8th, 2006, 03:38 PM

I was in Rabat last month with a group tour. We spent one day and I liked it very much and wished for at least one more day. I liked the Chellah and the medina and would like to have visited the national museum and/or the ensemble artisanal.
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 04:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Rabat is classy compared say with Casablance and Tangiers. The secret police are less required here as the naturally conservative groups keep the place gentle and acceptable. I suggest try to stay in riads rather than hotels. Some are run by non-moroccans and many have been upgrades to very high standards. Either way it allows you to get as close as you wish to the locals. Lots of web sites advertising. Medina and the saunas are worth a visit
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 02:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
bmkg