Quick note from Lusaka airport

Oct 16th, 2005, 04:27 AM
Original Poster

Quick note from Lusaka airport

Zambia has been the best so far. Enjoying it all.
We love both Sausage tree and Chiawa Camp, it was a shame we couldnt stay another night at Chiawa, but the time we were there they really did everything to make us feel in heaven. Both Sausage and Chiawa come up with very special surprises when you least expect them, fantastic! Flights have been extremely bumpy, just flew into Lusaka from Livingstone right over the falls, spectacular views. Waiting for connection to Mfuwe, we 're hitting Puku ridge camp and Luangwa river Lodge, cant wait to get back into the bush but i must say it was perfect tp get a 2 day Bush-break at the Royal Livingstone hotel...I mean its veryyyyyy hot at the Lower Zambezi and they promise us it will be worse in South Luagwa. Thus enjoyed the airco and fresh poolwater at the the Royal Livingstine. That hotel is quite something...lovely place, beautiful grounds, views, pool , great activities. We crossed to Zimbabwe yesterday (pay 30 dollars each for visa) and took an elephant ride , saw a baby ellie just born 18 days ago, very cute.
Must go now..excited about going back into the bush...hope can bare the heat...bye everybody
Oct 16th, 2005, 08:21 AM

Sounds like you're having a great trip! Thanks for the post. It was great to hear good things about the Royal Livingstone -- we're booked there next year and were nervous about some of the negative posts in the past. You've eased my mind - thanks.

Hope the second half of your trip is as enjoyable as the first!
Oct 16th, 2005, 08:57 AM

Thanks for letting us know how you're getting on - looking forward to more details when you get back!

Search this Thread