Questions on Egyptian holiday

Jan 30th, 2000, 07:44 AM
Alan Mckay

Questions on Egyptian holiday

We go to Egypt at the beginning of April & have one or two questions to ask:-
1)Movenpick Pyamids Resort at Giza-Is this good , bad , things we need to know etc?
2)Night time temperatures [ clothes wise ]?
3)Nile Romance cruise Ship- good , bad things we need to know etc?
4 Can you explore inside & outside the pyramids?
I will leave the questions for now , but if anyone who can help with more I will be only too pleased to get in touch.
Many thanks
Alan & Nancy

Feb 15th, 2000, 04:36 PM
Rosemary

Alan & Nancy, I don't know the answers to all your questions, but it cools off at night, and you will need a wrap if you're going to be outside. You can look up the weather on the net. It's been years since I've been there, but you should plan to see the Egyptian Museum too.

Rosemary

Feb 15th, 2000, 10:54 PM
Margarita

We were in Cairo this past weekend. The evening temperatures were comfortable. I wore a bandana around my neck, long sleeve t-shirt and a jean jacket and was fine.

Pyramids: We didn't enter any of the pyramids because we were short on time but I have heard one must bend down or crawl through part of the tunnels.

Movenpick Resort: We stayed at The Mena House so I couldn't tell you about the Movenpick. In Cairo we stayed at The Windsor.

My big highlight: The Sufi Dancers perform on Wednesday and Saturday nights at the Al-Ghouri in Islamic Cairo. Our guidebook listed performance beginning at 9:30pm. We arrived at 9:00 and the performance was well underway and we only saw the last two dances. I would suggest arriving at 7:30pm. The performance is free and it's in a lively area. I highly recommend it.

I'm having trouble with sending messages so if this message is repeated, I apologize.

Search this Thread