Questions about Mala Mala

Jan 6th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

Questions about Mala Mala

I'm nearing my decision to book Mala Mala main camp for 4 nights next October. I originally tried Londolozi, but found they were fully booked. Mala Mala main camp was suggested to me by a fellow fodorite.
Questions:
.....does the game viewing compare to Londolozi?
.....how does the main camp compare in accomodations to Londolozi?
.....silly question to some, but important to me. I cannot eat venison (had it before) Are there choices? Read they had great cooked-to-order breakfasts. yum

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks to you all!

Jan 6th, 2006, 09:53 AM

Rosebrook

I covered a lot of this in the Londoz thread but you asked a couple of specific questions so here goes.

Game viewing - totally comparable, the properties are right next to each other, your main frustration in life is likely to be that the Lions you are watching may up sticks and head over to MM. It happens from time to time. You will see many of the same Leopards and Lions. A full listing of Leopards and Lions that can be seen at MM is on malamala.tv

The main camp accomodations are very nice. Huge rooms with lovely comfortable beds, plenty of storage space, seating areas, desks etc. Balcony with a view either of the river or a small creek (this side is my favorite for quiet bird watching.) His and hers bathrooms, usually one has a shower and one a bath. Nicely decorated etc. Honestly they are not as super luxurious as some, but they are many times better than most hotels in the world and you will be very comfortable.
Dinner has a number of served courses, soup, starter then a buffet for main course. There are two types of meat and they will prepare something special for you if requested. The meat is usually a venison such as Eland (farmed in SA)or beef, lamb, chicken, pork etc. Let them know about your venison problem ahead of time and they will make a plan.

Breakfasts are wonderful, certainly my downfall. I love the seven grain bread toasted with marmalade - 10 days!!!!

Search this Thread