Question to Selwyn

Apr 19th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Original Poster

Question to Selwyn

Do you happen to know directions from N2 to eastern Head in Knysna. Thanx in advance.
Apr 20th, 2005, 12:14 AM

It's been ages since I was in Knysna, so Selwyn or other equally expert posters can correct me, but I think George Rex Drive (the road off the N2) goes all the way there. It then depends on exactly where you want to be.

Take a look at www.shellgeostar.co.za, and use Map Search for Knysna. You'll be able to zoom right in to a 50 metre scale.
Apr 20th, 2005, 08:26 PM

We were in Knysna on March 10-11 and yes, the George Rex Road off of the N2 drives right out to the Eastern Head. As you get to the end of George Rex, there is a sign pointing to the road on the left that take you to the top of the Head as you wind to the top among the gorgeous mega-buck homes. There is limited parking up there but it was worth it to see the views. We then had dinner at the Bosun's Grill & Pub on George Rex Road after also driving all around Leisure Isle to get a feel of life in that location.
Apr 20th, 2005, 11:40 PM

gagash,

Sorry that it has taken me so long to respond but I have been touring extensively and time has been at a bit of a premium.

ArthurSA and Azmngal are correct in their directions that they have given you. You travel along the George Rex Road and turn left at the Coney Glen turnoff. Then you ascend the narrow curvy road up the hill and as Azmngal has told you there is a parking area where you can park before you walk to the viewing points at The Heads.

If you go to http://www.tiscover.co.za/za/guide/5...plan/plan.html

or

http://www.go2africa.com/south-afric...na/default.asp

you should find a map that will help you find the area however I must add that it is very easy to find.

Heres a hidden secret in the area. Everybody visits The Heads viewing point and does NOT travel further on the eastern hill opposite to the viewing hill. To travel on this road in stead of turning into the parking area at the viewing area turn to the left and just travel in an easterly direction. You will then land up on the opposite hill to the viewing hill and the views from that side of the Indian Ocean ans well as The Heads are also quite spectacular.

If you like Oysters when in Knysna dont forget to go to the Oyster Factory on Thesen Island. Ask for coastal oysters. (the wild variety). An absolute treat for oyster lovers.

Hope that you enjoy Knysna when you visit us as it is a wonderful town to play around in.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Search this Thread