Search

Botswana Safari Lodge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Botswana Safari Lodge

I am planning a safari for June '06.
After reading this forum avidly and posting a request for advice, I have decided to focus on Botswana. The lodges I have selected include Sandibe Safari Lodge Nxabega Safari Camp, and Impalila Island Lodge (in Namibia) followed by a few days in Victoria Falls. I would like 1 more lodge or camp to round out the Botswana experience. Any suggestions? What about Duma Tau? Thanks!
Old Jun 13th, 2005, 06:55 PM

Duma Tau would give you the Linyanti area and I recall you favored elephants, which are plentiful at Duma Tau. I am planning a return trip this August. June would be a lovely time to be there.

There is a lagoon right in camp that elephants frequent. You can view animals by boat if you wish. We saw lions and leopards last time. There are wild dogs in the area that typically start denning in June, making them easier to locate. I think it woud be a great 4th camp!

Since you mentioned rounding out your experience, perhaps a Kalahari camp, such as Jack's or San would offer even more diversity. Either camp provides an opportunity to observe habituated meerkats, spot the rare brown hyena on night drives, interact with San Bushmen, and of course experience the desert. I don't believe there will be a lot of big game action or many elephants or birds in June. I'm not expecting too many this August, but am eagerly awaiting a first visit.

With your other camps, you should have a great Botswana/Vic Falls trip.
Old Jun 13th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Original Poster

Dear atravelynn,
Thanks so much for your helpful reply. I have been wondering about the Kalihari area, so now there is even more to think about. Jack's Camp seems too rugged for me, but I will definitely check out San.(By the way, you sold me on Impalila in my last query.) Wish I didn't have to wait a year to enjoy all this!
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 12:12 AM

If Jack's is too rugged, San won't be an improvement - it's the more basic brother to Jack's and in the same area. Infact when Jack's was upgraded to larger tents and permanent plumbing in the bathrooms the old Jack's tents and bathroom facilities were used to upgrade San Camp.
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Original Poster

I read about San Camp and realized immediately that it was less for me than Jack's. Do you know of a camp in Botswana that is especially good for guided walks? Or do I already have that included in the camps I have proposed?