Pyramids from the plane?

Sep 25th, 2004, 04:21 AM
Original Poster

Pyramids from the plane?

I have made a mental note that the left side of the plane is desired for Abu Simbel. How about flying into Cairo, is there a possibility of a glimpse of the pyramids? We will be flying in from Frankfurt.
Thanks!
Oct 1st, 2004, 03:52 AM

Can't answer from experience - at the moment - but here is a note that I have made from another post

Egypt Air was fine. Food and service were exceptable, the plane was in good shape and flights (including three domestic flights)were on time.
No alchohol is served, and in-flight movies are censored in occasionally puzzling ways.
I do have one tip: the bulkhead row is row fourty (more leg room), and those sitting in windows on the right side get to see the pyramids prior to landing.
Oct 1st, 2004, 03:00 PM
Original Poster

Thank you- I guess I missed that posting! - If we have a choice, might give it a try! I'll let you know!
Oct 1st, 2004, 03:31 PM

I flew on Alitalia from Rome to Cairo. I sat on the LEFT, at the window, and was thrilled to have an awesome view of the pyramids as we came into Cairo. Got a great picture, too! Shows just how close the city has crept to the pyramids. Hope they stop it there.

Search this Thread