Pyramid Builders Village

May 15th, 2005, 11:52 PM
Original Poster

Pyramid Builders Village

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me if it`s possible to visit the pyramid workers village and tomb area in Giza that Hawass and Lehner have been excavating. I would love to see it.

If it`s not possible to actually go into the area, is it possible to see it from the pyramids area and maybe take some photos?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Best wishes,
Di

Gateway To Ancient Egypt
http://www.gatewaytoancientegyptco.uk
May 16th, 2005, 03:34 AM
sandi

If as what happened a few months after the discoveries in Bahariya (sp) of the Golden Mask mummies from later Roman periods is any indication - probably not until they unearth more mummies xray them and maybe then put a small visitor's tent near the site. If Hawass and his group do this for the present unearthings.

The demand for the Behariyah mummies were so great, this was an option they put together. The unearthings at the Pyramind Workers Village is rece and I'm sure lots of "business" has to be done on these finds - they may not yet be set up for tourists.

I would discuss with your tour operator whether arrangements have been made for tourists to observe in/around the area - what might be on display.

Search this Thread