Pricing help

Dec 31st, 2004, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

Pricing help

Hi,

Just started coming to this forum and all your posts have been helpful and friendly.

Many of you veterans of Africa travel have advocated in-country agents. For my 2nd trip, I am still a little bit hesitant about that, but could any of you comment on the pricing I'm getting from a US agent?

July 2005 itinerary is $7180 per person based on two people going for 12 nights in Botswana Wilderness camps--

3 nights Savuti Camp
2 nights Little Vumbura
3 nights Chitable Trails
4 nights San Camp (we like the dessert)

Not included in this price is international air or the Johannesburg to Maun flights. All flights between camps are included, plus all meals + activities.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Dec 31st, 2004, 08:14 AM

Others who have been to Botswana recently may be better qualified, but I have received extensive pricing on various Botswana itineraries.

While the price looks fair, or perhaps even good considering that it has come from an American agent, I am sure that you can do better with a local Southern African tour operator.

I would strongly urge you to contact Taga Safaris (www.tagasafaris.co.za). Taga is a South African operator and they list a "Low Price Guarantee" on their website. I was very pleased with the prices they put together for me for my upcoming 19 night Zambian / South African holiday, which includes 15 nights on safari.
Dec 31st, 2004, 08:30 AM

hi plaid_dude,
those fares look about right. standard wilderness safari camps (chitabe, savuti etc) should be in around 550 pppn in july and vumbura is in the 800's pppn bc it is being upgraded. maybe taga safaris will be able to get you a better price but when i quoted my jan 2005 trip witha different saouth african operator, i got the same quote as the US based one so we stuck with taht. hope this helps.

Search this Thread