price for luxury safari- Botswana, South Africa

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would love critique of this itinerary and price for Safari in June.
2 nights Cape Grace Hotel- Cape Town
3 nights - Mala Mala - Sable Camp ( Mala Mala primary is booked for my dates: we are wait listed)
1 night - Victoria Falls Hotel
3 nights- Linyanti- Kings Pool
3 nights - Vumbura Plains Camp

The price I was quoted was about $9500 excluding all airfare ( internal africa and
international. I know these are all premier camps and would like to bring the price down some by staying at mix of premier and classic camps but June 2006 is getting very booked. Would $7500 per person be realistic for a mixutre of premier and classis camps?
Given that these are all premier camps, is that overpriced? I have enjoyed reading these message boards and have gained invaluable info from all the postings.
Old Dec 4th, 2005, 03:21 PM

hi,
if you substitute savuti/duma tau/selinda for kings pool and little vumbura for vumbura plains, you will save about 300/night. for 6 nights taht would put you at close to your 2000 savings. the game viewing will be very similar so i would suggest the change if possible.
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 03:22 AM

Hi Johan,

Ik ga naar TZ (Tarangire/Manyara/Serengeti/Ngorongoro) volgend jaar, met 5 mensen van mijn fotoclub (www.xposed.be).

Wijzelf hebben technische bagage in overvloed (ook wat betreft ervaring met de D2X; er zijn er 2 bij die deze cam gaan meenemen naar TZ), maar typische safari-ervaring (omgaan met stof, tips & tricks, technieken, ...) hebben we amper.

Misschien moeten wij eens met elkaar babbelen? Je vindt mijn adres wel via onze website (zie "PHOTOGRAPHERS&quot. Ik vermeld hem hier niet graag. Spam... ;-)
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 03:23 AM

Uh... vergat te zeggen; de naam is Jochen. ;-)
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 04:49 AM

Sorry plz ignore. Wrong thread.
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 07:20 PM

Did you consider going on a actual luxury mobile safari?
You can do all these areas with a person like Mike Penman (Mad Mike).
He offers luxury safaris.
You will save about 4000US$ and still have all the luxury.But with your own luxury guide.
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 10:21 PM

kitso,

My experience, when pricing out my own private safari with Wild Lifestyles (Mad Mike Penman's company) was that his prices were just as high for a private mobile luxury camping safari, as it would have cost for 5 paw Wilderness Safaris camps. I would love the opportunity to do a private safari with a guide such as Mad Mike but I would not expect any cost savings over a luxury lodge.
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 12:04 PM

ttt
Old Dec 9th, 2005, 12:32 PM

Sorry to interrup your forum, but I am trying to reach Bigcountry based on a former posting about Zimbabwe in January.

I am trying to decide between 2 volunteer expeditions for a period of three or four weeks in January. January is the only time I have to go and probably the last time in my life that I can commit 4 weeks. One project is lion rehabilitation in Antelope Park. The other is in Hwange, and involves rescuing animals from snares. I would prefer the latter, but I am afriad that, due to the wet season, I will not see much and wind up wishing I had the guaranteed viewing and contact offered in the hands-on rehabilitation project. What is your opinion about wildlife viewing in Hwange in January? In addition, I read some negative coments about a lion walk in Vic Falls. That isn't affiliated with African Impact is it (if you know)?

Thanks