Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Predator, isn't it just about Migration Time for You? (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/predator-isnt-it-just-about-migration-time-for-you-300474/)

atravelynn Feb 7th, 2008 06:44 PM

Predator, isn't it just about Migration Time for You?

Know you are leaving soon. Have a wonderful trip!

matnikstym Feb 7th, 2008 07:49 PM

Is Little Leo going with you on his first safari? Have a great time!

HariS Feb 7th, 2008 07:58 PM

Here's wishing you a great trip and hope you see everything - migration, calving, cats, dogs and hope you eat some strawberries too!!! ;)

PredatorBiologist Feb 8th, 2008 07:13 AM

Thanks Lynn! Heading out in less than a week on 14 Feb.

Dennis: Little Leo will have to wait, group of 8 clients on this one. Besides that Leo is a kindred spirit of Hari's and has become obsessed with his near life size stuffed cheetah who guards his crib and I have no doubt he would be trying to reach out and pet every cheetah on the Serengeti!

Hari: I hope I have some great luck with all those sightings but if I see some CCS I will devour them before anyone can capture a picture and thus it will be as if they were never there:$

atravelynn Feb 8th, 2008 12:15 PM

Feb 14?! You have a good wife. Get her some CCS.

PredatorBiologist Feb 8th, 2008 12:41 PM

Lynn: the key is be romantic everyday and then I don't have to worry about some Hallmark designated day cutting into my safari plans! I do have a tremendous, very supportive wife and I'll make it up to Mrs. PB by taking her to Africa just as soon as that can work. Will celebrate V-Day prior to my departure as well.

atravelynn Feb 10th, 2008 02:54 PM

I agree 100% with your philosophy of romance. That's why this Valentines Day my husband and I have a romantic outing planned to the physical therapist for his first post-surgery session on his shoulder.

It's not long now!

CarlaM Feb 10th, 2008 03:19 PM

PB~ you are a very smart guy! Do you have a twin brother? ;)

Wishing you wonderful sightings and a safe trip. <):)

PredatorBiologist Feb 12th, 2008 11:16 PM

Lynn: Hope the rotator cuff is healing nicely!

Carla: Unfortunately no brothers at all let alone a twin. I do have what I consider brothers from another mother and if I find one who knows how to jeep and loves to go on safari I will send him your way.

Thanks for the well wishes, starting to rush with you just a day to go.

stakerk Feb 13th, 2008 01:48 PM

Make it a great trip!

Kevin from California

CarlaM Mar 5th, 2008 09:14 AM

Welcome home PB! <):)

PredatorBiologist Mar 5th, 2008 09:47 AM

Thanks Carla! Trip was outstanding and I hope to start on a report and post pictures in the next couple of days as soon as I catch up a little from being gone.

CarlaM Mar 5th, 2008 10:43 AM

Bill~ I just got my copy of Africa Geographic...and got a "Pack of Surprises" :D

And low and behold... there is our very own PB, Mapula Lodge and the famous Wild Dogs!!! Awesome pictures, great job Christopher Courteau.

<):)

atravelynn Mar 5th, 2008 02:54 PM

You've migrated back home. Can't wait to read all about it.