Precision Air

May 4th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

Precision Air

Can anyone tell me if they have travelled using Precison Air from Arusha to Zanzibar recently, and their experience with baggage & weight restrictions? How strict are they with having 15Kg in total including carry on ( as I was told), and how much are the overweight charges? I don't want to check my camera bag. I'm travelling this route in 3 weeks. Thanks
May 4th, 2012, 04:58 PM

Almost amusing - I went to Precision Air web site out of curiosity and instead of guidelines about checked and carry-on bag requirements, I find a form to use when they lose your luggage !!!
http://www.precisionairtz.com/index....=baggage-trace

Think you're right, don't check the camera bag!!! But sorry, no other help.

regards - tom
May 4th, 2012, 08:04 PM

Spent a lot of time stressing over this very thing and downsized as best I could until finally saying to heck with it, this is the best I can do and will just deal with whatever comes my way.

My duffel bag on Precision from Arusha to Zanzibar weighed in at around 18kg not including carry on, which was just a large tote bag that they didn't weigh at all. Nor did they say anything about the 18kg.

It could just be the luck of the draw in most cases so I would try to downsize as much as possible. Remember you'll most likely be adding to the bag along the way.

Carry the bag as though it's lighter than it really is and don't offer your carry on unless they ask for it.
May 7th, 2012, 08:53 AM

Never check your camera equipment.

Overweight charges, if any, are per KG (not per LB) and the rate is only a few USD (may $2-5/per KG). Not something to fret over.

Search this Thread