Praslin -- Help with Hotels!

Jun 1st, 2004, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Praslin -- Help with Hotels!

We are planning our honeymoon and have decided to spend a week on Praslin. We would prefer a full-service resort hotel that is not children/family oriented. Any thoughts on whats the best and most fun? We thought L'Archipel looked good, but aren't sure. Any thoughts would be deeply appreciated.
Thanks!!
Jun 1st, 2004, 01:38 PM
sandi

niki50 - L'Archipel is a lovely hotel and I doubt you will find many children (if any) here. Unless, of course, it's during holiday-time, such as Christmas. As to full-service, most hotels will book Breakfast & Dinner, but lunch is on your own. However, this usually works out if you've picked up a day-tour, most all include your lunch.

But I wouldn't spend the entire time in Praslin. While, if I recall, there are more options for booking day trips from on Praslin, including one to La Digue Island, it's a good idea to spend some time on Mahe (the main island).

We spent 5-days on Praslin and did day trips including one full day to La Digue (by ferry); then 2-days on Mahe.

There are a few new resorts in the Seychelles, and many people have been booking at Lemuria on Praslin, though larger than L'Archipel (about 80 rooms) and on Mahe Island, at the Banyan Tree.

I believe both these newer hotels are more expensive than L'Archipel, but you should check them out. And if you are considering any of these, you can post questions here, as a number of people have stayed at either.

Also on Mahe is The Northolme, which is currently being refurbished and has a complete date and due to reopen about Jan 2005. The Northolme in on a private beach and smaller than Banyan. And right up the beach from the Northolme is Sunset Beach, though one recent comment wasn't all that favorable, which could have only been personal taste.

It still comes down to when you plan to travel, and, of course, your budget.

Jan 8th, 2005, 06:51 AM

If you've not already left, investigate Chauvre Souris, an islet just off Cote d'Or beach on Praslin, for honeymoon privacy without children.

Search this Thread