Post Cards from East AFrica

Sep 15th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

Post Cards from East AFrica

Welcome hearing comments as to post cards mailed from Tanzania/Kenya not reaching US destinations. We mailed quite a few from different lodges and some never arrived. Don't think there was/is a pattern but wondered if others have experienced same.
Dick
Sep 15th, 2004, 08:10 AM

I mailed post cards from Nairobi to the US and all were received within 2 weeks.
Postage varied according to the size of the post card though.
Sep 15th, 2004, 09:51 AM

We mailed about 10 postcards at the same time from Arusha. About four people never received theirs. Everyone else had gotten theirs by the time we came home (10 days later).
Sep 15th, 2004, 12:27 PM
sandi

I know lots of us like to received postcards from friends or family traveling overseas - especially seeing the various stamps.

That said, I might write out postcards when on holiday, but having experienced some of the same as posted above - some are received at sometime in the distant future, or never received - I now bring with me local (USPS) postcard stamps, place on each card, and as exiting the airport on my return home, drop them in the mail box. This way everyone has my postcards with a day or two.

Of course, it's cheating and there are no pretty stamps from foreign countries, but at least I know the cards get to their designees.

Search this Thread