Portugal: Next time we want to do better!

Jan 18th, 2000, 07:55 PM
julie

Portugal: Next time we want to do better!

We are going to the Algarve for a month, staying at a pre-arranged apartment hotel in Vilamourna. We will rent a car and travel out and about the area. We have been to the Algarve before, but only stopping at Pousadas to ensure us the quality we want at our age. While not in to roughing it, I would like the names of some other places we might travel to next year, for a different experience, keeping in mind that we are in our 60's and not campers anymore. Anyone have an idea, or an experience for us.

Jan 20th, 2000, 07:22 AM
Mary Love

If you like Portugal, have you tried the Minho and Alentejo regions? Although I have not been to the Algarve, I understand it is more touristed. The north is beautiful, restful, upscale...and in March when we were there, surprisingly warm (the wisteria was out and the grape leaves just budding). Not to mention all the culture and the beautiful manor houses (just as nice as pousadas). For a different experience in Arabic cultures, try Morocco (Fes and Marrakech, of course, but also Taroudant and the high Atlas) or Jordan (Petra, the Kings highway, Wadi Rum). All are easy to see...drive yourself or get a guide. I'm sure there also small group tours available.

Jan 21st, 2000, 03:50 AM
sam

Julie:
Since Portugal is in Europe you will get more responses if you post your question there. Also do research under Portugal and you you will find some of the answers.

Search this Thread