Reload this Page >

Luxury Game Reserves in South Africa

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 03:01 PM
Chris

My wife and I are planning a safari to SA in August. We've had various friends suggest a couple of private game reserves, Ulusaba, Singita, Londolozi, & Royal Malewane. Royal Malewane was the latest suggestion buy a travel agent describing it as the most luxurious lodge in SA. If anyone has had any experience with these lodges I would greatly appreciate any input. It's so difficult narrowing down the choices.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 03:54 AM
LizO

Another suggestion for you: Makalali Private Game Reserve. You can see our review - with photos - at www.i-escape.com

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Mary

Chris,<BR>We are going in August too! Singita got a perfect 100 in Conde Nast - Never been done before. When we heard this we changed our plans from France to Africa right away!

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:43 AM
carol

We stayed at Singita. It is the most understated fabulous place. I unreservedly recommend it.<BR><BR>Your life will change after the experience.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 10:41 PM
Rocco

I just returned from a South Africa / Victoria Falls holiday that featured a stay at Singita. Singita was a beautiful experience, highlighted by excellent game drives and wonderful accomodations. The food fell slightly short of expectation, but maybe my palate isn't as sophisticated as it needed to be for Singita.<BR>I did meet another couple who had just stayed at the Royal Malewane, however, and while they really enjoyed Singita, they LOVED the Royal Malewane. If I am not mistaken, the RM is about $200 cheaper per night as well. I was told that the food at the RM was superior to the food at Singita and that the game drives were just as nice.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Christi in Houston

We stayed at a small private reserve just south of Kruger in the Transvaal called "Lowhills". It was very quiet, we had it all to ourselves, great service, great food and game drives at your pleasure. The only drawback was it had no predators. No problem for us as we had small children with us and didn't want to worry about the "cats". Saw elephant, hippo, rhino, etc, etc... saw more wildlife than we saw in Kruger. So... you might want to look them up.