Police clearance

Mar 1st, 2016, 07:17 PM
vp4
Original Poster

Police clearance

Asking for someone. Do citizen of South Africa need police clearance certificate to travel as tourists to countries that don't require visas to visit? Thanks.
Mar 1st, 2016, 09:42 PM

Ask the embassy.
Mar 1st, 2016, 11:09 PM

Howzit vp4,
I guess it may depend on the country. Zambia and Zimbabwe for example, offer free visas upon arrival to South Africans and don;t require any documentation other than the passport. Other countries around the world (there's only a few that offer free arrival visas to South Africans) may be different however.
Mar 1st, 2016, 11:29 PM

No. If you can travel to a country that doesn't require a visa it means that just showing your passport is enough to gain entry, you don't need to provide extra documentation if nothing else is an issue. Personally I have traveled to quite a few visa-free countries on a South African passport without having to produce any extra documentation. I've never had to show a police clearance certificate for entering any country. If you contact the embassy of the country that you intend to visit and make sure you don't need anything extra then you will have complete peace of mind.

There is a difference between countries for which you don't need a visa and countries for which you can get a visa on arrival. For the latter you might need extra documentation and this differs from country to country.

Search this Thread