Plunge pool or not?

Aug 6th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

Plunge pool or not?

Trying to determine the value of the plunge pools at some camps....are they heated? Without being heated, I wouldn't see much use for one. Appreciate opinions. Thanks.
Aug 6th, 2004, 08:56 AM

Didn't stay at camps with private ones but some camps had small shared ones. Didn't use them this trip because we mostly used the middle of the day to shower, write journals, read and relax.

But on our last trip to Botswana (2001), also in winter, we found it warm enough to find the cold water of the plunge pool inviting. I remember enjoying the Little Vumbura one... very nice.
Aug 6th, 2004, 12:26 PM
sandi

Depending on time of year, the plunge pools are a great way to cool off and relax between game dives and meals. So you'd have to consider the South African summer months Nov thru Feb (maybe March). During our November visit the weather was hot and humid and the plunge pool was a plus.

There was a recent (within last 3-months) post, I believe by "safarinut" that listed those lodges whose plunge pools were heated. You'd have to do a "search" to locate this information, or create a new thread to "Safarinut - need info re heated plunge pools"

Search this Thread