Please - info on Tanzania

Dec 30th, 1999, 11:27 PM
Michael

Please - info on Tanzania

I am going to Tanzania. If enybody would be so kind and let me know what to see, what to do and what to take with me I would be very graetfull. I'm planing to:
- go to "Ngorongoro"
- klime Kilimanjaro
- go to Zanzibar and Pemba
I will also bee to Nairobi and Mombasa

All advice will be very appreciated.

Thanks. Mike

Jan 1st, 2000, 10:25 AM
April

How are you planning to travel - on your own or in a group, and will you be camping or staying in lodges? What are you mainly wanting to see - scenery, animals, people?

Even without the Kilimanjaro climb, I would take some warm clothes. It can be surprisingly cold at times (at the rim of the Ngorongoro, for instance). If you're travelling by truck, I recommend putting your clothes in (zip-lock) bags to keep the dust out.

The Ngorongoro is amazing for its animal viewing but it also attracts many tourists. Therefore I would also include perhaps the Serengeti in your itinerary. Personally I found the Masai fascinating and would want to spend some time near them.

Besides basics like sunscreen, insect repellent and diarrhea medication , I took my own needles in case I needed a shot. Oh, and waterproof footwear in case you find yourself walking through a river, or on a beach with prickles.

American cash is very useful in Tanzania.

I loved Zanzibar. Sounds like a great trip you have planned.

Search this Thread