Please help choose from A&K or Travcoa

Jan 31st, 2005, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

Please help choose from A&K or Travcoa

I am currently trying to choose between the 12 day trip offered by both companies. Each are almost identical - the A&K trip visits Alexandria while the Travcoa trip visits Elaphantine Island. A&K's nile cruise portion is on the Sun Boat IV while the Travcoa trip's nile cruise is on the Oberoi Phileae. With regard to hotels, A&K's overnights are the Four Seasons, Tracoa the Oberoi Mena. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Feb 1st, 2005, 05:18 AM

Please check out Isram Tours (Isram.com)--especially the "Treasures of the Nile"--it includes Abu Simbel and many other options. I am going March 13th. I will post a report when I return.
Feb 1st, 2005, 06:15 AM
sandi

You've selected two of the most expensive tour operators for this trip. But then you don't indicate your budget. There are a wide variety of tour operators who do similar itineraries, most less costly. As to the fact that one itinerary visits Alexandria versus Elephantine Island - these aren't one-4-one comparisons. Most itineraries visit Elephantine. Do you want to visit Alexandria and does this add time to your trip or in place of something else.

There was a post about 10-months ago from a traveler who took the A&K trip. You might want to do a search in the box above - enter A&K Egypt, or Egypt, then click "find" on the right. Threads containing information will appear on the left and you can read through. In these threads you will find names of other tour operators, many of which are in-country. If not, do a separate search for Egypt or Egypt Tour Operators.

These will provide better pricing for you. And you can specifically ask for the Oberoi Philae if this boat appeals to you.

Likewise, if you want to deal with a company in the US, Isram, mentioned above is reputalbe and a good resource at much more reasonal prices than A&K or Travcoa.

Search this Thread