Please check my schedule - Feasible? Comments?

Apr 5th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Original Poster

Please check my schedule - Feasible? Comments?

Thanks to you awesome Fodorites, I have a rough schedule now for our Oct honeymoon! Whoo-hoo!

We have secured the first part (safari) of our trip via LuxuryLink, but I would appreciate it if you can scan over the second half (Garden Route to CT). Please let me know if this is a) feasible and b) advisable. Are we making the best use of our time, and/or are we missing something?

Also any budget/moderate B&Bs for Knysna, Hermanus or CT recs are appreciated!

Thanks in advance! - Vanessa

Oct 12 - Arrive JNB from SFO. Transfer straight to a flight to the Mpumalanga game reserves (Ngala Tent)
Oct 13 - Safari (Ngala Tent)
Oct 14 - Safari (Ngala Walking Trek)
Oct 15 - Safari (Ngala Walking Trek)
Oct 16 - Safari (Ngala Walking Trek)
Oct 17 - Fly to George. Drive to Knysna. (Knysna)
Oct 18 - Drive the Swartberg Pass / Explore Knysna (Knysna)
Oct 19 - Visit the Tsitsikama Forest and Storms River Bridge (Knysna)
Oct 20 - Drive to Hermanus (Hermanus)
Oct 21 - Relax in Hermanus / Drive to Cape Town (Cape Town)
Oct 22 - Day trip to winelands (Cape Town)
Oct 23 - Day trip to Cape Point (Cape Town)
Oct 24 - Robben Island, Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, and downtown Cape Town (Cape Town)
Oct 25 - Spend morning seeing last minute things in Cape Town. Fly to JNB in the afternoon. Catch flight home in the evening.
Apr 6th, 2005, 10:01 AM

Vanessa

Long time since I did a lot of this but I have a couple of questions and observations.

How far is the Swartberg Pass from Knysna? We drove the pass when coming from the desert to Oudtshoorn. The next day we drove to Plettenburg Bay and it took an hour and a half I think. The pass will take an hour without really stopping to explore at the top.

Hermanus to wine country involves taking the pass into Franschoek, which is lovely drive. Hermanus to CT is about an hour I believe.

All doable I believe, but you might want to look at Swartberg closely, you may aslo want to take a tour at an Ostrich farm in Oudtshoorn.

Search this Thread