Reload this Page >

African Safari and Scuba Diving

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 07:12 PM
Jay Weinstein

I would love to combine an excellent land safari with excellent scuba diving without breaking the bank. Any suggestions?

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:31 PM
Searcher

Win a lottery!<BR><BR>I too have been searching for a reasonably priced combo-tough to find.<BR><BR>Maybe a truck journey thru Malawi/Zambia & a dive trip in Mozambique.

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 06:49 AM
Karen

Where are you writing from? Scuba diving is one of the better deals here. Safaris are reasonable too though peak season is just about here. If you are reading prices like R150 or R200 per night, try using a currency converter to see just how reasonable they are right now. Or write me. I'll put something together for you and you can use it to shop around and compare.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 05:03 AM
Bert

A reasonably priced safari & scuba diving experience can be combined in South Africa's far northern Kwazulu-Natal province, by using lodges such as Ndumo Wilderness Camp and Rocktail Bay; there are several other safari options in the area. Rocktail Bay has a fully equipped Mares diving centre. <BR><BR>Bert<BR>Houston

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 05:37 AM
Jay Weinstein

Thanks! I'll look into it.<BR>Jay

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:09 AM
ellen

The scuba diving at both Malindi---north of Mombasa and the Pemba finshing channel is excellent. There are scuba shops at both places and accommodations nearby. I was floored by the beaches of Kenya when I was there. The divin at Malindi is exceptional---the hotel is called Hemingways and the dive shop is adjacent.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 07:26 PM
Jay Weinstein

Ellen,<BR>Would it be easy to do scuba and land safari's in Kenya?<BR>Jay

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 05:14 AM
Rudolf

The best Diving place you cant forget and your Memories will linger with you forever is at Pemba Channel. We have been in Pemba and Zanzibar after our Tanzania Wildlife Safaris. Everything is organized at Hotel . Get intouch with this outfitter for price and more info.<BR>[email protected]

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 09:44 AM
ellen

We did not do both due to baggage weight restrictions since we also flew to the Seychelles and Kenya Air was really strict about weight. When we were at Pemba, however, we could easily have arranged a safari to Samburu for a few days and some who had flown in early did just that. I think the Masai Mara is also close and you are right on the Tanzanian border when you are at Pemba. BUT it used to be that you could not go from Kenya direct to Tanzania. You would have to check on that.Ellen

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 05:53 PM
Jay Weinstein

Thanks all.<BR>Jay

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 12:48 PM
RJ

we just did the trip combining kichwa tembo camp in the masai mara (kenya) and then fundu lagoon on pemba island (zanzibar). would not have changed a thing about the trip...that amazing. saw the great migration and the diving in pemba channel was outstanding. it was not cheap but definately worth it.