Planning trip to Egypt with kids?

Aug 24th, 2001, 07:17 AM
Vince

Planning trip to Egypt with kids?

I'm planning a trip to Egypt in 06/02 with my wife and 2 kids (8 &10). My main concerns are choosing the right Nile Cruise and the food. I'm leaning towards a package deal with Nabila Tours (anyone done them?). Does any one recommend a good Nile cruise package? My kids are troopers, if they can get by the food, our trip to Egypt will be GREAT!

Thanks,

Vince

Aug 27th, 2001, 08:34 PM
gail

We took a 10 day tour to Egypt this past spring with our 2 kids (ages 10 and 14). We expected food challenges since our younger one lives on salads, etc. and our older one is the pickiest eater on the planet. However, since both are great travellers otherwise, we went. We brought all sorts of semi-nutritious snacks (peanut butter, trail mix, etc.). We never needed them and on the last day my husband bartered all snacks in a town for some junk statues and trinkets. On the tour we encountered many buffets - so there was always something they would eat. The bread is wonderful. We were very cautious about what we ate (no fresh fruits or veggies raw, no dairy) and were all still able to be happily fed. The kids had a great time on the cruise since it was the usual small boat so they comfortably could go off on their own without us losing track of them. Since it was April vacation, there were a few other kids. I had a dream of touching a pyramid with my kids and it was well worth it. (By the way, we went on a Globus tour). Have a great trip - any other specific questions you may email me.

Nov 14th, 2001, 11:34 AM
tina

you will find McDonalds and kfc in Cairo and also a McDonalds in Luxor if all else fails

Search this Thread