Planing trip to Middle East - Child hates seafood!

Jan 5th, 1999, 05:00 PM
Connie Madhet

Planing trip to Middle East - Child hates seafood!

my cousin lives in the middle east and I am planning a trip over there this summer. We will travel all around the middle east. My husband and I will leave on the fifteenth of July with my eight year old child. I have found that with a resent atempt it is almost impossable to get her to eat any kind of seafood. I don't know what to do! My cousin and her family loves seafood and I don't want to embarrass my cousin, her family, or myself. What should I do? My child will have a tamtrum if I try to get her to eat any seafood. I wouldn't want to just make her something else! My cousin may feel embarressed or uncomfertable if I ask and she doesn't have the supplies to make somthing else. My cousin won't be home until July 14 so I cannot contact her before then to tell her about my predicament. I can't bring her enough food to last our whole vacation. I don't know how much food will cost over there and I wasn't planning on spending money on food. HELP!

Jan 11th, 1999, 10:27 AM
mike

I wouldn't worry about it. We have lived in Middle East for 7 years and rarely ate seafood (unless we were looking for it.) Lamb, chicken, beef are routinely available in most restaurants and stores. Most middle eastern cultures emphasize hospitality to guests and if you just say that your child "can't" eat seafood, it should not be a problem.

Search this Thread