Plane rides to Simbambili

Oct 12th, 2004, 04:26 AM
Original Poster

Plane rides to Simbambili

I am going to Simbambili in a couple of weeks and have to decide if I should do the air or road transfers between Nespruit and Simbambili. Does anyone have a recommendation here? Are the planes pressurized or will we have to wear oxygen masks? How long is the plane transfer vs. the road transfer? Are the road transfers through the bush (ie. will we get to see wildlife)?

Thanks!
Oct 12th, 2004, 04:52 AM
sandi

The planes are not pressurized, but you're not flying anywhere near high enough to need oxygen. We found the drive from Sabi Sands to Nelspruit to be quite lovely, on blacktop road once we were outside the park. Can't tell you how long, as we didn't go directly - stopping along the way. But I believe the drive might be 2-hrs (though if someone has done it recently, let deedle know).

Check what the difference is in price for a land or fly transfer (and actual time for each) and if you think you'll be uncomfortable in a small plane, then go by road - you'll arrive in time for lunch. Actual check-in at camps is for lunch time, so arriving any earlier you might not find your room ready, and you certainly won't be going out on a game drive before the late afternoon.

Search this Thread