Places to stay up north

Jan 4th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Places to stay up north

Hi -
My boyfriend and I are going to Israel in late march and plan to spend one night up north. We want to stay somewhere with a beautiful view and easy access to sites. I have heard Rosh Pina is nice. Has anyone stayed at Auberge Shulamit? How about Mitzpe Hayamim (can you stay there for one night) or Ruth Rimonim in Sefad? We would love somewhere with a view and a jacquzzi.

Also - any tips on what to see up north would be great... we plan to drive up the coast from Tel Aviv, stay over night and then drive back down to Jerusalem. I thought about going to Acco, Caesaria and Sefad. Any other thoughts?
Thanks!
Jan 4th, 2006, 11:20 AM

We stayed with Orli and Kenny Elias in Rosh Pina a few years ago and were very comfortable. We were back in Rosh Pina a week or two ago and noted that there's a lot off commercial development near the highway, but the old village is still very pictureesque and worth visiting whether you stay there or not. We prefer it to Safed but YMMV. Can't find their email address but there are phone/fax nos. on their website: http://www.orli-elias.co.il/index_e.html
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:22 PM

I stayed at Karei Deshe last week and loved it. It's right on the sea, and a great value.
http://www.youth-hostels.org.il/yout...ry_eng_23.html
If you go to Safed, plan it better than we did, and don't show up on Saturday. The art shops are closed then for Sabbath. Akko is a great town for the day.

Search this Thread