Pinto dinner attire

Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pinto dinner attire

Lynda, Hausfrau, anyone else....what to wear to Jane Pinto's dinner? It will be January. I have some dark brown "harum" (i.e., wi-i-de) pants, a lightweight long colorful skirt (both of which I COULD wear later in Zanzibar, right???). And of course the old standby: boring, but always a safe choice: black pants.
Thanks
Jess
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 06:16 PM

Black pants are great - they are so versatile! I took a nice 'safari print' slinky kind of material top and boring black pants - both are VERY light and pack well.

The boring black pants doubled as travelling pants - I made sure they were the comfortable kind!

No one was really overly-dressed up for the dinner this year - last year in out group of 15 I would say half the people had 'cocktail' attire on - and I will bet these were the people with the heavier duffle bags!
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 04:59 AM
Original Poster

Sounds nice, Lynda; did you get to wear that top again on the trip?
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 05:45 AM

Black pants will be perfect. it was pretty casual. i wore black pants and a white buttondown. talk about ultra boring, but i don't recall anyone in our group being very dressed up.
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 06:31 AM

No, I didn't - but then I didn't have it with me either for the actual safari. I left the top, the pants, and a couple of other things that I only needed for Nairobi, in Nairobi at the Norfolk. (such as my Tilley hat - I used it the day on our own in Nairobi and then stored it and used the Micato hat once we were given it on the first day with Micato.

I didn't have anything to store 'stuff' in at the hotel in Nairobi last year, so this year, knowing what to expect I had an extra 'bag' with me to leave at the Norfolk. Without giving too much away, do take a small fold up bag with you that you can use for this express purpose. Once back in Nairobi on your way home, you can collapse it and pack the stuff back in your duffle.
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Original Poster

Great advice - I didn't realize you could store stuff. I've made a note of it in my packing"file".
Jess
Old Jun 4th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Hmmm.. small herd of Black-legged Fodorites, usually female, occasionally sighted drinking at secluded watering hole....disappearing at sunrise among large groups of tan-coated foragers.....
Count me in!!!
Jess