Need help planning Namibia trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, weatherwise, is late April, early May a good time to go?

I read a lot about Wilderness Safaris on this site, but was wondering if anyone used a different company and was satisfied.

We'd like to end off our vacation with a Kruger Park safari for 2 or 3 nights. Does anyone have any recommendations for a lodge in that area. There are so many to choose from.

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 06:26 PM

Wilderness Safaris has a very strong presence in Namibia and is highly reputable.

Other companies include CCAfrica and Islands In Africa.

www.ccafrica.com (they only have one permanent camp but they also have mobile safaris)

http://www.ccafricasafaris.com/tours/tour-1-id-2-ENGAA

www.islandsinafrica.com (three beautiful lodges in the Caprivi Strip)

Good luck.
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 08:20 PM
aby

Jacquie
May (& September) r considered best months to visit the interiors
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 08:35 AM

Hello,
We used Cardboard Box to organise our honeymoon to Namibia last May-June (www.namibian.org) and found them to be excellent.

Even if you don't use their travel agency services, their website is an excellent resource with lots of good information, rates and photos of lodges (all budgets) all over Namibia.

They can make bookings for you at the Wilderness Safari lodges.

What I really liked about Cardboard Box was the personal level of service (their agent even came in person to the guest house we were staying at in Windhoek one evening to check everything was going OK and confirm arrangements with us), and the great, honest advice (advising against staying too long in one place, suggesting alternative itineraries, giving us lots of helpful travel tips).

(For info, we stayed at Olive Grove guesthouse in Windhoek, Okonjima Bush Camp, Ongava Lodge, Halali camp in Etosha, Impalila Island Lodge in Caprivi and Little Kulala (Sossuvlei). Every place we visited was amazing, the service outstanding and the game viewing mindblowing.)
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 08:50 AM

I can also recommend Cardboard Box. They booked me into Ongava (the Wilderness Safaris lodge near Etosha) as well as the three camps within Etosha (which I enjoyed much more than the much fancier Ongava, which had nicer rooms and better food, but much worse gameviewing -- its much better in Etosha than on Ongava's private land), and also booked me into Sossosvlei Lodge.

Michael
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 01:10 PM

Paging Johan!
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 05:29 PM
DJE

To Thit_cho or hanl.

Do either of you know anything about Onguma Camp in the eastern side of Etosha. I know it is fairly new and supposed to be in a great location. We were originally booked into Mushara Lodge but have recently changed the accommodation to Onguma after this was suggested by our TA.

We are also booked into Ongava Lodge but not on a fullboard basis ( only break. and dinner and no activities ) as we have our own vehicle for exploring that side of Etosha. Do plan to book one or two of their afternoon excursions some time during our 3 night stay to see their private reserve. Hope this will be worth doing.